The limited information captured about your visits to the website using log files is anonymous demographic information not specific to you (for example, internet protocol (IP) address; browser name; zip code; and access time). This information is used by BuildingaBusiness101.com to maintain quality of its service and to generate general statistics regarding the use of the site. This information may also be used to provide aggregate information to our advertisers, such as how many people saw their advertisement in a given timeframe, or how many clicked on it.
BuildingaBusiness101.com cannot be, and is not, responsible for the privacy statements of websites outside of BuildingaBusiness101.com. Also, BuildingaBusiness101.com has no control over how information submitted by you to third party sites is collected and disseminated. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you link to from this site, so you can understand how these websites collect, store, and use your information, BuildingaBusiness101.com uses the services of other companies to perform various functions (e.g. statistical analysis, host web server, marketing, etc.). These service providers may not use your personally identifiable information (“PII”) for their own promotional purposes.
As is true of most websites, BuildingaBusiness101.com also gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer our site, to track users’ movements around our site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each time you make a request on our site, a cookie is sent back to our website from your computer. The cookie helps us (i) identify you (ii) personalize your experience on our site; (iii) dynamically generate advertising and content on web pages and in our newsletter, and target certain advertisements to your browser; (iv) determine the popularity of certain content or advertisements; (v) statistically monitor how many people are using our website, (vi) understand how many people open our emails; (vii) for what purposes these actions are being taken; (viii) as session timers; and (ix) generally facilitate your navigation. For these purposes our cookies are tied to your PII.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
BuildingaBusiness101 may process your Usage Data because:
- You have given us permission to do so
- To comply with the law
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. BuildingaBusiness101 aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Usage Data.
If you wish to be informed what Usage Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where BuildingaBusiness101 relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have 30 days to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us by emailing [email protected].